Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Come My LORD! Take Me Home!


Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8

I really enjoy this song called "Take Me Home, Country Roads," but the song makes me long for my home in heaven with Jesus, not in West Virginia :) 


I wrote some new lyrics for the song to express my desires, which are really the desires of every follower of the Lord Jesus Christ:

There in heaven, I'll see Jesus!
Fullest pleasures, joys forevermore!
Life is true there, more true than my pain!
Greater than my sorrows, forgotten memories!

Come my LORD! Take me home!
To the place, I belong!
There in heaven, right beside You!
Take me home! Come my LORD!

All our sadness, will be untrue!
Death is banished, joys will be greater!
Love and dancing, all our tears are gone!
Perfect peace is given, sin is cast away!

Come my LORD! Take me home!
To the place, I belong!
There in heaven, right beside You!
Take me home! Come my LORD!

I hear His voice in the morning hour, He calls me!
The Word of God reminds me of my home far away!
Reading in His Word, I get a feeling!
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday!

Come my LORD! Take me home!
To the place, I belong!
There in heaven, right beside You!
Take me home! Come my LORD!

Come my LORD! Take me home!
To the place, I belong!
There in heaven, right beside You!
Take me home! Come my LORD!

Take me home! Come my LORD!
Take me home! Come my LORD!

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain . . . My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. Philippians 1:21, 23

. . . so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for Him. Hebrews 9:28

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. Revelation 21:4

"Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:20

To know how to make it to heaven - which is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, according to the Bible alone, all for the glory of God alone - please learn more about the great Triune God, the God-ManJesus Christ, and His glorious Gospel message and everlasting Kingship. Also, please watch American Gospel: Christ Alone. You can watch the full documentary here with a free, 3 day trial.

And meet me in heaven!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it is so inspiring.

Joseph Randall said...

Glad you found it helpful!