Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

I didn't deserve to be born.

I didn't deserve to be born in a country where the Gospel is freely preached.

I didn't deserve to be brought up under the influence of the Gospel.

I don't deserve the family I have.

I don't deserve the friends I have.

I don't deserve the education I have.

I don't deserve the job I have.

I don't deserve the life experiences I've enjoyed.

I don't deserve the health I've been given.

I don't deserve the food, clothes, and shelter I've enjoyed these many years of life.

I don't deserve the material resources I've been given.

I don't deserve the gift of marriage.

I don't deserve the gift of children.

I don't deserve the gift of singleness.

I don't deserve joy, peace, and happiness.

I don't deserve any of the pleasures this life or the next has to offer.

I don't deserve for things to go my way.

I don't deserve health, wealth, and prosperity.

Because of my sin, all I do deserve is death, judgment, curse, loneliness, ridicule, slander, joblessness, homelessness, nakedness, starvation, pain, suffering, depression, despair, brokenness, and everlasting torment away from the presence of the LORD in His love and mercy and in the presence of the LORD in His everlasting wrath and fury for all eternity.

But in Christ, I get what I don't deserve!

I'm born again!

I'm reminded of the Gospel daily!

I have friends and family who love Jesus and point me to Him!

I get educated in the Word of God!

My job is to study and preach God's Word!

Christ is my health, my clothing, my food, and my shelter!

Christ is more valuable than all the earth!

Christ is my great heavenly Spouse Who is more beautiful than all and loves and satisfies like no other!

Christ allows me to disciple spiritual children!

Christ allows me to receive singleness as a gift and cry:  “Whom have I in heaven but You!  And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You!”  Psalm 73:25

Christ is all joy, all peace, and all happiness in and of Himself!

Christ is the pleasure and treasure of life!

Christ makes all things go my way for He works all things for my good!

Christ is my health, wealth, and prosperity!

Christ has forgiven and saved me for Himself!

Christ is all!

Thank You my Eternal Lover!

No comments: