Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Monday, December 2, 2013

"That's My King!" Who Was Single All His Life And Conquered Every Strife Then Gave His Precious Life So We Could Be His Wife!

The pleasures of marriage, Jesus never knew; He lived and died – the single Jew; There are joys in sex and intimacy true; But from a greater joy He drew; His Father's the greatest pleasure He knew; Pleasures forevermore and joys through and through! His delights in the Father flourished and grew; The pleasures of sin away He threw; No lust His heart would ever pursue; For God's beauty itself is the greatest view; His heart was crushed when this Beauty withdrew; For on that cross God's wrath would spew; Forsaken by God He paid our due; He became sin – for me and for you; Though no sin to Him would ever accrue; Then He arose and made all things new! To bring you to God – a bride clean and true; Come to Him now – your desires He'll subdue; You'll cry from your heart:  "All my joy is You!"
Oh Father please come – my need seems dire; Please come help me fight overwhelming desire; Oh God you alone can put out the fire;  Turn my eyes upon You and lift me up higher; To trust and obey all that You require; May I find "Christ is all!" –  my great King and Sire; And delight in Him – our greatest Desire!

That's my King!  I wonder if you know Him today?!

God's Word says singleness is the best way; And you'll be happier if single you stay; All your attention on God you can lay; He'll fill all your thoughts – to Him you can pray; He wants you alone with Him everyday; A Lover Who's jealous and won't let you stray; He's the fountain of all delight so survey; His glory about beauty on full display; He died to take all your sins away; And lives to give you life His way; So trust in Him and fight to obey; He'll grant you contentment – come what may!
One day you'll be married for eternal duration; This fact is certain – God's declaration; For all who trust in Christ for salvation; Will marry the Lamb in the new creation; His bride you will be from every nation; You'll marry the King – the best combination; Most loving, most kind, your closest relation; The greatest Spouse – beyond all expectation!  If you have Him, fear no deprivation; You'll know all is good at the consummation; Where joys in Him pass all imagination; And grow forever in great adoration; The Husband-King is all compensation; So find in Him life's full celebration!

That's my King!  That's my King!

No comments: