Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Friday, May 18, 2012

"That's My King!" Who's My Brother Like No Other!


Unlike the first brother Cain who slaughtered his own flesh and blood in an evil rage, my Brother gave His own flesh and blood for me and was slaughtered by the righteous rage of His Father on that cross so that I might be saved!

That's my Brother! I wonder if you know Him?!

He is His brother's keeper, and He keeps us more kept in love, righteousness, safety, joy, happiness, and satisfaction than the best keepers have ever kept anything that can be kept in all the keepable universe!

That's my brother-keeping Brother Who always keeps it all!  Do you know Him?!

Sarah lied along with Abraham and told the king that he was her brother, but we are free to tell the truth about our big Brother Jesus! He is our true brother Who is more our Brother than anyone else ever could be, and He's the only One Who can and will protect us from all the evil of all the kings everywhere on the earth!

That's my Brother!

Jacob deceived his father Isaac and selfishly tricked his brother Esau out of his birthright and blessing. But our Brother Jesus selflessly gave up all His blessings on that cross so that we could inherit the world and enjoy fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore with Him in paradise!

That's my Brother!

When Jacob and Esau were reconciled, Jacob was accepted by Esau, and he said that seeing his brother's face was like seeing the face of God. When we trust in our Brother Jesus, He accepts us in Himself, no matter what we've done, and we get to gaze upon His face – the very face of God – for all eternity!

That's my Brother! Do you know Him?!

Oh there is no face like His face! Our Brother has the face of faces! He's the Creator of all the beautiful faces you've ever seen and all their beauty combined cannot compare with His! If you looked upon His face with mere unglorified human eyes, your head might explode because it could not handle the witness of such breathtaking glory, grandeur, greatness, and majesty!

That's my Brother!

Joseph's wicked brothers planned to kill him, stripped him of his coat, threw him into a pit, and sold him into slavery. But Joseph forgave them all and saved their lives, even though they were unbelievably hateful toward him. Jesus is our greater Brother Joseph, Who was killed, stripped naked, suffered in the unimaginable pit of God's anger on that cross, and rose up from the grave so that, though we and the Jews and the Gentiles and Herod and Pontius Pilate and all of us meant the cross for evil, God meant it all for the everlasting good of whosoever would ever repent and believe in Him!

That's my Brother!

Moses claimed he couldn't speak well, so God gave him his brother Aaron to speak on his behalf. We have an elder Brother Who speaks on our behalf – an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, Who speaks mercy, grace, and forgiveness into our lives so that we might be saved!

That's my Brother! I hope you know Him today?!

He's the Big Warrior Brother Who comes to our aid when our enemies are too strong for us!

He our greatest friend Who loves at all times; He was born to overcome our greatest adversity and bring us into the Kingdom of His beloved Father; and He's the true friend from heaven Who always sticks closer than a brother!

He sanctifies us by His precious blood and He's not ashamed to call us brothers, saying, “I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.”

That's my Brother! That's my Brother! That's my King!

No comments: