Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Monday, January 30, 2012

This Will Preach! - "In Christ" - A Glorious Truth For All Sinners!

Russell Moore said:
And what the Gospel of Jesus Christ tells us is that there are probably women in this congregation right now who have had abortions - probably many of you.

And you are probably hiding in the secret and in the shame of that abortion, fearing that anyone will ever find out about that secret that you have.

What the Gospel of Jesus Christ says is that you are not an enemy in any culture war.

If you come out of hiding and embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Scripture says that you are so hidden in Christ that when Satan accuses you and says:

"I know who you are, and I know what you did. I know your secret!"

Your response is to say: "Satan, you are exactly right.

You are right when you say that I am deserving of condemnation, but I have already been condemned!

You are exactly right when you say that I am worthy of execution, but I have already been exectued!

Because I am in Christ - so every bit of penalty that belongs to me has already fallen on me!

I've been crucified!

I've been pulled off of that cross!

I've been buried under the curse of God!

And you know what?

God now has announced what He thinks of me when He opened up that hole in the ground and Jesus Christ - my Head, my New Life, my New Identity - walked out of there.

So when God looks at me, He says of me exactly what He says of Jesus Christ: this is my beloved child, and in you I am well pleased!
HT: Justin Taylor

No comments: