Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Monday, September 5, 2011

Our Sufficiency Is In Him!


When I served on a Navy ship, the father of a friend of mine wrote his son this encouraging note:
Good Morning Son,

It is the Lord's Day and the whole house (company and all) are still in the sack. I was inclined to pray for you this morning and have finished a refreshing season with the Lord.

I was homing in on your "special request" and thought of a precious Scripture. Moses was intimidated by his high calling and ministry. He had to lead God's children, and at the same time he had to stand in high authority before the political world. He knew his own inadequacy and tried to bow out. (you well remember the story)

Rather than the Lord making Moses adequate, He left him human and helpless so that the Lord could manifest HIS OWN ADEQUACY. The verse that came to mind was Exodus 7:1 "And Jehovah said unto Moses, See, I have made thee as God to Pharoah . . . ."

It seems as if it is in the Lord's hand to exalt His leader in the eyes of those to whom he is sent. Moses knew he was no god, yet, in the eyes of Pharoah, God made it appear so!

I know you are trusting in the Lord. If you spend even a lonely moment dwelling on some inadequacy, you will be undone. He is your sufficiency! He is your adequacy! He can exalt you in the eyes of those you are called to obey, lead, and conquer.

I love you son, in the Lord. I sin often, but not the sin of ceasing to pray for you. (I Sam 12:23)

Rest! Enjoy! Abide! Worship! Drink deeply from His adequacy!

In Union with Jesus,

Dad

No comments: