Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Christ Meets All Our Needs And Cravings

Octavius Winslow wrote:
Whatever your craving, you will find in Jesus a corresponding supply. You have no sin His blood cannot cleanse - no grief His sympathy will not soothe - no infirmity His grace will not help - no perplexity His wisdom will not guide - no lack His sufficiency will not supply.

Octavius Winslow, The Fullness Of Christ

2 comments:

Sarah Bradshaw said...

Amen.

This prayer from Valley of Vision says something similar:

"O God, Thou has taught me that Christ has all fullness and so all plenitude of the Spirit, that all fullness I lack in myself is in Him... that it is my duty, out of a sense of emptiness, to go to Christ, possess, enjoy His fullness as mine, as if I had it in myself, because it is for me in Him; that when I do this I am full of the Spirit, as a fish that has got from the shore to the sea and has all fullness of waters to move in,
for when faith fills me, then I am full; that this is the way to be filled with the Spirit, like Stephen, first faith, then fullness, for this way makes me most empty, and so most fit for the Spirit to fill."

Joseph Randall said...

That's a great prayer Sarah. Thank you!