Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Monday, May 9, 2011

Prayers Of The Preacher That Christ Would Be All In All!

Oh Father please . . .

Help me come to the pulpit, not with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to Your people the testimony of God. Help me determine not to know anything among them except Jesus Christ and Him crucified! Help my speech and my preaching not to be with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that Your people's faith would not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God! 1 Cor. 2:1-5

Help me to preach the Gospel and to present the Gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the Gospel! 1 Cor. 9:18

Help me not to preach Christ from envy, strife, or selfish ambition! Help me to preach Him from good will and out of love! Phil. 1:15-17

Help me to preach Christ, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that I may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus! Col. 1:28

Help me to preach the Word! Help me to be ready in season and out of season! Help me to convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching!
2 Tim. 4:2

Help me to preach the Gospel so that It does not come to Your people in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance!
1 Thess. 1:5

Help me to praise Your works and declare Your mighty acts from the pulpit! Help me to speak of the might of Your awesome acts and declare Your greatness! Help me to speak of the glory of Your kingdom and of Your power!
Ps. 145:5,6,11

Grant that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the Gospel! Eph. 6:19

Help me believe what I preach! Grip me with it and humble me with it, and help me exult in it until I am lost in wonder, love, and praise!
Adapted from Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Help me give Your people a sense of You and Your presence when I preach. Help me to give them a glimpse of Your glory and majesty, the love of Christ my Saviour, and the magnificence of the Gospel!
Adapted from Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Cut all the ribbons that tie me to the frowns and smiles of men and drive a steel beam down my backbone and free me to serve You for Your glory alone!
Adapted from Albert N. Martin

Please use me for Your glorious employ! Make me mighty in the Scriptures; make my life to be dominated by a sense of Your greatness, Your majesty, and Your holiness. Make my mind and heart aglow with the great truths of the doctrines of grace. Help me learn what it is to die to self, to all human aims and personal ambitions; help me be willing to be a fool for Christ's sake. Help me be willing to bear reproach and falsehood for Your sake. Help me labor and suffer for Your sake. Please make my supreme desire not to be to gain earth's accolades, but to win Your approbation when I appear before Your awesome judgment seat. Help me preach with a broken heart and with tear-filled eyes! Please grant Your ministry through me an extraordinary effusion of the Holy Spirit, and allow me to witness "signs and wonders following" in the transformation of multitudes of human lives!
Adapted from Arnold Dallimore

. . . for Jesus' sake – Amen!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Amen!! The Lord met with me through this post and my heart echos these powerful prayers. His richest blessings as you continue to treasure and share Him wherever He calls you - praying for a church!

Joseph Randall said...

Thanks Amy! And Thanks for the prayers!

Amy said...

You are so welcome! And thank you for faithfully loving and sharing precious Jesus!