Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fighting Lust So That Christ Is All!

A young man's prayer against lust and for more delight in his most beautiful God:
Oh Father! You have made women so unbelievably beautiful! Their hair, their eyes, their faces, everything about them is so beautiful and attractive - so powerfully attractive! I praise and thank You oh God for this! You are the great Author of this beauty and my attraction to it! You designed every last detail of their beauty. Please help me honor You by the way I think about this beauty. Please help me look upon these women with purity, honor, and holiness. Please help me look beyond the human beauty to see Your beauty - the great Author of all beauty. Oh Father, if mere sinful, finite creatures are this beautiful and attractive to me, how much more beautiful, satisfying, and attractive must You be! You Who created the beauty of women; You Who are without sin and the infinite Creator!! Oh Father, please give me a heart like Your servant David who said: "One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple" (Psalm 27:4). Please satisfy me with Your beauty oh God! Please forgive me for all my sinful lusts, and thank You for Jesus Christ - my sin bearing substitute Who never sinfully lusted in the least bit! Thank You that He bore the wrath on the cross that I deserve for all of my heart adultery. Please help me to hope in Him and His perfect work, and please help me to always look upon all women with a pure heart for His glory, honor, and praise! For Jesus' sake. Amen!

No comments: