Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Christ Must Increase; I Must Decrease

Hudson Taylor wrote:
God chose me because I was weak enough. God does not do His great works by large committees. He trains somebody to be quiet enough, and little enough, and then He uses him.

Quoted by William Petersen, ed. C.S. Lewis had a Wife; Catherine Marshall had a Husband (Wheaton: Tyndale House, 1985) 69.

No comments: