Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Monday, January 22, 2024

A Letter To Mayor Cherelle Parker About Abortion


January 9th 2024

City Hall, Office 215
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Dear Mayor Cherelle Parker,

Congratulations on your election to be the 100th Mayor of Philadelphia! I am the pastor of Olney Baptist Church, and I’m thankful for your thanks to Jesus in your inauguration speech, and I’m thankful that you explicitly thanked your LORD and Savior Jesus Christ for Whom all things are possible. I praise God that [you said] it is not just a line for you – and that you are dependent on the grace and mercy of God.

I am also thankful that one of your top priorities in your 100-day action plan is public safety. I would like to speak up for one of the most oppressed minorities in our city who face the most violent deaths, and their murder is protected by law. I am writing about the public safety of unborn children in the city of Philadelphia who are killed by abortion. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Health abortion statistics (2021), 33,206 abortions were performed in Pennsylvania, and more than 36% of those abortions happened in Philadelphia County. 

I’m asking you, as a [professing] follower of the LORD Jesus Christ, to fight to end abortions in the City of Philadelphia. It is murder according to God’s Word, and it should be illegal.

God is knitting these babies together in their mothers’ wombs:

Psalm 139:13-16: For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them. 

The first person to rejoice in the miraculous conception of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ in the womb of the virgin Mary was an unborn child in the womb:

Luke 1:41-44: And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.”

I would be happy to meet with you and give you more information about abortion and it’s evil nature according to God’s Word. I am praying that you will take a stand against this wicked practice in our city.

Sincerely in Christ,
Joseph Randall

More Information On The Evils Of Abortion






To learn more about the great King Jesus and His glorious Gospel message, please watch American Gospel: Christ Alone. You can watch the full documentary here with a free, 3 day trial.

No comments: