Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Saturday, September 28, 2019

He Was Struck Down By God

Isaiah 53:4 teaches that God struck (מֻכֵּ֥ה) His Son on the cross: "Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted."

Ezekiel 7 helps us understand what it means to be struck by God: His wrath poured out; His ANGER spent; His judgment; His punishment; no sparing; no pity:

"Now I will soon pour out my wrath upon you, and spend my anger against you, and judge you according to your ways, and I will punish you for all your abominations. And my eye will not spare, nor will I have pity. I will punish you according to your ways, while your abominations are in your midst. Then you will know that I am the LORD, who strikes [מֻכֵּ֥ה]." Ezekiel 7:8-9

On that cross, Jesus was made our sin and was struck down by God: The Father poured out His wrath on the Son; The Father's anger was spent on His own Son; He endured God's judgment and punishment; There was no sparing or pity . . . So that all those who repent and believe in Christ will be spared and pitied and never face the wrath, anger, judgement, and punishment of God!

Hallelujah! What a Savior!

No comments: