Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Saturday, October 1, 2011

May We Attract People To Jesus!

Robert Murray M'Cheyne wrote:
Since Tuesday have been laid up with illness. Set by once more for a season to feel my unprofitableness and cure my pride.

When shall this self-choosing temper be healed? "Lord, I will preach, run, visit, wrestle," said I. "No, thou shalt lie in thy bed and suffer," said the Lord.

Today missed some fine opportunities of speaking a word for Christ. The Lord saw I would have spoken as much for my own honor as His, and therefore shut my mouth.

I see a man cannot be a faithful minister, until he preaches Christ for Christ's sake – until he gives up striving to attract people to himself, and seeks only to attract them to Christ.

Lord, give me this!
Robert Murray M'Cheyne in Andrew Bonar, Memoir & Remains of Robert Murray M'Cheyne (Banner of Truth: 1844/2004), 45.

HT: Tony Reinke

Yes Lord, please grant us all this, for Jesus' sake!

No comments: