Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Friday, August 5, 2011

Thy Mercy My God Is Sweet

Sung by Sandra McCracken - Indelible Grace

Thy mercy, My God, is the theme of my song
The joy of my heart, and boast of my tongue
Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last,
Hath won my affections and bound my soul fast.

Without thy sweet mercy I could not live here,
Sin would reduce me to utter despair;
But, through thy free goodness, my spirits revive
And He that first made me, still keeps me alive.

Thy mercy is more than a match for my heart,
Which wonders to feel its own hardness depart;
Dissolved by Thy goodness, I fall to the ground,
And weep to the praise of the mercy I found.

The door of Thy mercy stands open all day
To the door and the need who knock by the way;
No sinner shall ever be empty sent back,
Who comes seeking mercy for Jesus' sake.

Thy mercy is Jesus exempts me from hell;
Its glories I'll sing, and its wonders I'll tell;
'Twas Jesus my all, as He hung on the tree,
Who opened the channel of mercy for me.
(Sadly she leaves this verse out)

Great Father of mercies, Thy goodness I own,
And the cov'nant love of Thy crucified Son;
All praise to the Spirit Whose whisper divine,
Seals mercy and pardon and righteousness mine!

To learn more about the great King Jesus and His glorious Gospel message and mercy, please watch American Gospel: Christ Alone. You can watch the full documentary here with a free, 3 day trial.

2 comments:

Sarah Bradshaw said...

One of my all-time favorite songs. And I think the first Sandra McCracken song I ever heard/learned. I have six of her albums now.

Joseph Randall said...

Hey Sarah,

I did not know about this stanza from the hymn but I love it:

Thy mercy is Jesus exempts me from hell;
Its glories I'll sing, and its wonders I'll tell;
'Twas Jesus my all, as He hung on the tree,
Who opened the channel of mercy for me.

Too bad she left it out!