Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Behold What Manner Of Love!

Charles Spurgeon said:
The Thunderer, the ruler of the stormy sea is my Father . . . notwithstanding the terror of His power I draw near to Him in love. I look forward with joy to the hour when Thou shalt call and I shall answer Thee. Do what Thou wilt with me, Thou art my Father. Smile on me and I will smile back and say "My Father." Chasten me and as I weep I will cry "My Father" . . . If Thou art my Father, all is well to all eternity. Bitterness is sweet and death itself is life since Thou art my Father. Oh trip ye merrily home ye children of the living God saying each one within himself "I have it! I have it! I have a relationship with God of the nearest and dearest kind . . . my spirit for her music hath these words, 'Abba Father! Abba Father!'"

No comments: