Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"That's My King!" In The Book Of 1 Corinthians!

My King has a name above all names and everyone who calls upon His name is a saint of the most high God!
The manifold grace of God comes to us in Him!
In Him we are enriched in all speech and knowledge!
He will sustain us to the end, guiltless in the day of His return!
My King didn't send Paul to baptize but to preach the Gospel!
My King's cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God Almighty!
He's the power of God!
He's the wisdom of God!
He's our wisdom!
He's our righteousness!
He's our sanctification!
He's our redemption!
He's our only boast!

That's my King! Do you know Him?!

When Paul came to preach to the Corinthians, all he knew was a two point sermon: Point #1: Jesus Christ; Point #2: Him Crucified!
He's the crucified Lord of glory!
No eye has ever seen anything like Him!
No ear has ever heard anything like Him!
He's the one and only solid, secure, strong and ever sturdy foundation!
He will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness!
He will disclose the purposes of every human heart!

That's my King!

He's our Passover Lamb!
In His name we were washed from all our filthy sin!
In His name we were sanctified!
In His name we were justified by the Spirit of our God!
Our bodies belong to Him!
God raised Him from the dead!
Our bodies are members of King Jesus!
My King has assigned each of us a life to lead, and He is in control of every detail of that life!
All the subjects of my King are completely free, no matter what conditions they find themselves in!
He's the One Person we should be the most concerned about obeying and pleasing in all things!
All things are through my King!
We exist through my King!
We must submit to, follow, and obey His law with all joy and delight!

That's my King! Are you submitting to my King in all things today?!

He's the spiritual Rock that followed the children of Israel in the wilderness!
He's the life giving drink that always satisfies your deepest thirst!
He's worthy of exact imitation in every way He calls us to follow Him!
He's the head of every man!
His body was broken for His people!
The New Covenant was made with His shed blood!
He's Lord!
He speaks with the most beautiful tongues of men and of angels and has perfect love at the same time!
He has all prophetic powers!
He understands all mysteries!
He has all knowledge!
He has all faith, so as to remove mountains!
And He has perfect love that shows He is everything!
He gave away all that He had!
He delivered His body to be mutilated, beaten, spit upon, stripped naked, and hung on a cross, and He did it all in perfect love, so He gains everything!

That's my King!

He's patient!
He's kind!
He doesn't envy!
He doesn't boast!
He's not arrogant!
He's not rude!
He doesn't insist on His own way!
He's not irritable!
He's not resentful!
He does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but He rejoices with the truth!
He bears all things!
He believes all things!
He hopes all things!
He endures all things!
He never ends!
He's the perfect One Who is, Who has come, and Who will come again!

That's my King! I wonder if you know Him today?!

The story of my King's life, death, and resurrection is THE matter of first importance in the Bible and in the whole world!
He died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures!
He was buried!
He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures!
He appeared to many witnesses after His resurrection, proving that He was dead, but is now alive forevermore!
He's the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep!
By Him has come the resurrection from the dead!
In Him, all shall be made alive!
God has put all things in subjection under His feet!
He's the last Adam Who has become a life-giving spirit!
He's the man from heaven! - the heavenly Man Who takes away the sin of the world!
God gives us the victory through Him, and in this victory we proclaim: "Death is swallowed up in victory! O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" Jesus Christ has given us the victory! Death is dead! Life is given! Christ is risen! And we are free at last!

That's my King!

He's steadfast!
He's immovable!
He's always abounding in the work of the Lord!
He's watchful!
He stood firm in the faith!
He acted like a man – He is the MAN of men!
He's strong!
All that He did, does, and will do is done in the most precious, gentle, understanding love!
He is so worthy of all our love, joy, and devotion that we should desire His return right now more than we want to experience anything else in this life! That means . . .
Come Lord Jesus now, before I can grow up!
Come Lord Jesus now, before I get what I want for Christmas!
Come Lord Jesus now, before I fall in love and get married!
Come Lord Jesus now, before I'm able to enjoy children, grandchildren, or great grandchildren!
Come Lord Jesus now, before I'm able to make a great name for myself!
Come Lord Jesus now, before I'm able to get rich!
Come Lord Jesus now, before I'm able to enjoy any other pleasure this life has to offer because You are better than all earthly pleasures! You alone "are fullness and the inexhaustible treasure of incorruptible pleasure!" (Augustine)

That's my King! That's my King!

No comments: