Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . has conquered . . . Revelation 5:5
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . Galatians 6:14
You have been very angry with your Anointed One. Psalm 89:38
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2
Let the motto upon your whole ministry be - "Christ is All!" - Cotton Mather

Monday, December 5, 2011

Heart Longings For Christ To Be All!

I wrote these poems years ago. I'm not a poet (it will be obvious!), but I love to write out my longings from time to time.
My Savior

I once thought I was a Christian, in the truth I believed
Then through a teacher I found I was deceived
He was teaching us world religions, but to him they’re all relative you see
"All religions are roads to the same god for me"
This teaching was against all I learned from mom and Sunday school
I learned that salvation through Jesus Christ alone was the rule
Fear entered my heart, I was more than afraid
I began to doubt that Jesus alone was my aid
If I couldn’t believe in Jesus alone as Saviour and Lord
"I'll go to Hell forever!" my mind unceasingly roared
I just believed because my mom taught me so
Would an Indian child believe what I know?
I struggled and struggled to find the belief I thought I had but then lost
But in truth, the river from death to life through saving faith I had never crossed
Now I understand Jesus' words Luke did pen
Agonizing and striving are required for the straight gate to enter in
After much pain and fear of death and eternal suffering
By God's grace I embraced Jesus as second to nothing
Looking back one thing seems very very clear
Relativism is a deadly, false teaching to fear
African, Asian, Indian, or Arab no cultures are exempt
All peoples are commanded to turn to Jesus alone and repent
The hope of this truth resides not in man's effort or will
But in an Almighty God Who gives new hearts with a seal
Now in Jesus alone I find my delights soar and soar
Very soon with Him I'll find pleasures forever more!
Now if you have ears to hear and eyes to see your future so grim
Run to Jesus right now and find fullness of joy in Him!

Please End The Glory Stealing

Oh! That God would take my life from me
Then my wretched sin He would forever cease to see
My reticence to speak of my dear Savior's name
This sin my conscience would finally cease to blame
My failure to believe in God as Sovereign Master
If I were dead this glory stealing would cease all the faster
My self-righteous pride so often rises up so high
Oh God! You hate this for it is You that I defy
When others give You glory I get jealous and mad
For truly I want the glory for my worship - oh how sad
Yes my LORD You could end my life with simple ease
It is You who kills and makes alive just as You please
But LORD You've chosen to leave me on this earth
In Your sovereign will You gave to me new birth
And though my repentant tears are even dirty
In Christ alone my hopes stand ever sturdy
So through my Savior Jesus may I live more for His glory
Until He decides to end my sin stained but grace filled story!

Oh! To Live For His Glory Alone!

Oh! That I would glorify my God!
May there never be an Ichabod
With every atom of my being every second of every day
May all my energy be spent to max His glory that I pray
Oh God! How I utterly fail to do this every second all the time
Please come control my heart and keep me from this horrid crime
Also may every cent of money You have given me
Be used in every way to max Your glory - to give is glee
And how a worthless worm like I
Should hope my God to glorify?!
Only by working through His strength alone
Then through Jesus Christ is His glory shown
And if you say, "Oh! What a huge sacrifice!"
I will reply, "God's glory does me so entice
Suffering, torture, pain, and death by His grace I will endure with a roar
To God be the glory, In His presence I will enjoy pleasures forever more!"

Jesus My Only Righteousness

Jesus is my righteousness alone, and that is well
For all my own will only send me straight to hell
My songs, praise and worship, prayer, and study
In my self-righteousness with sin they are all dirty
I struggle and wonder even as I think and write
If this poetry causing prideful sin will show my dreadful plight
Oh! Lord Jesus with Your blood so pure
Come and make my dirty worship clean that it may endure
And at those moments when I forget myself and truly worship God
He enables me to do it by His grace for there will never be an Ichabod
God is the author of all good in every man
For He alone gets all the glory like no other can
So in Christ's righteousness alone my hopes of heaven ride
For only in Him will God's wrath against me be eternally satisfied!

My Struggle

Oh! Jesus! my eternal Lover
Come and fill my heart with fervor
Not with passions for sex and women fill
But with joy and pleasure that's eternally for real
Oh! this struggle for purity seems to hurt so much
How I long for a godly wife to love and kindly touch
But God has chosen to keep me single for right now
Oh! wretched unbelief in sin I so often turn and bow
"God works all things for good!" is HIS promise to me
Oh! God help my unbelief and cause me Your great promises to see
If I would only take the omnipotent God at His sovereign and true Word
All this worry, pain, and sorrow would simply be absurd
Our God is in the heavens and hath done what ere He pleases
For His Name's sake and His glory - He gains what ere He seizes
In Him is beauty no woman ever possessed
With His glory I should always be obsessed
Look to Christ! and desire His love alone!
Fullness of joy and pleasures forever more are found only at His throne
Oh God! with Psalmist help me from my heart to cry
One thing have I desired below or up on high
May I gaze at the beauty of the LORD forever bye and bye
One thing! One thing! there is no other!
Not even a wife, her touch, or a human lover
Nothing! Nothing! Nothing! on earth have I desired but Thee is what he cried!
Oh! God! with these desires make my heart forever more abide until I've died!
For Your great Name's sake. Amen!

Martyr At The Stake

For God's glory I will die
In the fire, raise my hands to Jesus high
On the flames my praises ride
In my death God be glorified
And if hotter the fire the more He be magnified
Then to the fire add coals, for in His strength alone I hide
But take care that love in my heart abides
Because if not for me no gain resides
May I be enraptured with God from all sides!

Faith

If we must see how all will work out
Tis not faith in our hearts but only doubt
So look not to what is known or seen ahead
But cherish Jesus as your only hope instead!

The Overflowing God

Everyone has at least one wish or desire
It is for happiness - that burns our heart's fire
So seek pleasure and happiness in God until your bones are sore
And remember only in God are pleasure forever more!!!

Desire

My heart is so full of desire
Shining forth like the sun of fire
Pride, lust, and envy coming forth
More coming out from my move north
"Who is first?" the disciples asked
That nags my heart from first to last
And then there's her I long for so
Desiring one whom I can know
Please turn my heart oh God toward You
May "Christ is all!" in my heart sing true!

No comments: